English Education Fantastic!

Future Tense

Time Signals:
-Tomorrow: Tomorrow afternoon, Tomorrow night, Tomorrow morning, etc.
-Next : Next time, next weekend, next holiday, next month, etc.
-Tonight


  • WILL
-for all of the subjects, there are: I, You, We, They, She, He, It
-without prior plan.

I will ---> I'll
You will ---> You'll
We will ---> We'll
They will ---> They'll
She will ---> She'll
He will ---> He'll
It will -----> It'll


Example:
  1. She will get the car next holiday
  2. She will not (won't) get the car next holiday
  3. Will she get the car next holiday?
(+) S + will + V1 + C
(-) S + will + not + V1 + C
(?) Will + S + V1 + C + ?

  1. He will be a policeman tomorrow
  2. He will not be a policeman tomorrow
  3. Will he be a policeman tomorrow?
  4. They will be rich next time
  5. They will not be rich next time
  6. Will they be rich next time?
  7. Michael will be in the beach tonight
  8. Michael will not be in the beach tonight.
  9. Will Michael be in the beach tonight?
The pattern:
(+) S + will + be + Noun/ Adjective/ Adverb + C
(-) S + will + not + be + Noun/ Adjective/ Adverb + C
(?) Will + S + be + Noun/ Adjective/ Adverb + C + ?




  • SHALL
-for subject: I and We

(+) I/We + shall + V1 + C
(-) I/ We + Shall + not + V1 + C
(?) Shall + I/ We + V1 + C

  1. I shall go to the beach next weekend
  2. I shall not (shan't) go to the beach next weekend
  3. Shall I go to the beach next weekend?
(+) I/We + shall + be + Noun/Adjective/Adverb + C
(-) I/We + shall + not + be + Noun/Adjective/Adverb + C
(?) Shall + I/We + be + Noun/Adjective/Adverb + C + ?

  1. We shall be pilots next year
  2. We shall not (shan't) be pilots next year
  3. Shall we be pilots next year?


  • BE GOING TO
-for all of the subjects
BE : is, am, are

(+) S + (is, am, are) + going to + V1 + C
(-) S + (is, am, are) + not + going to + V1 + C
(?) (Is, Am, Are) + S + going to + V1 + C

  • They are going to watch movie tomorrow afternoon
  • They are not going to watch movie tomorrow afternoon
  • Are they going to watch movie tomorrow afternoon?



(+) S + (is, am, are) + going to + be + Noun/Adjective/Adverb + C
(-) S + (is, am, are) + not + going to + be + Noun/Adjective/Adverb + C
(?) (Is, Am, Are) + S + going to + be + Noun/Adjective/Adverb + C

  • She is going to be stewardess next month
  • She is not going to be stewardess next month
  • Is she going to be stewardess next month?



THE DIFFERENCES WILL AND BE GOING TO :

Will : without a prior plan
Be going to : with a prior plan

Example:
  • The phone is ringing. I will hung it. (Spontaneities)
  • My baby fell from his chair. I will help him
  • Next holiday, I am going to Mexico. (have a plan)
  • Tomorrow She is going to her teacher home, because he had promised with her teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment